Know Your Fruit is a new food processor opening in Hood River. They have the following opening:
Job Title: Supply Chain & Procurement Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Direct Reports: Inventory Clerk, Production Planner
Description: The Supply Chain Manager will be the functional expert providing leadership, strategic and tactical direction and accountability in areas including procurement, scheduling and logistics. This position is responsible for recommending and implementing policies and practices that improve supply chain effectiveness, managing team members within related functions, and supporting business objectives for food safety, production efficiencies and growth.
· Manage and coordinate responsibilities for strategic procurement, production scheduling, warehousing, inventory and logistics, and on time in full delivery to customers
· Assess and develop processes and procedures to foster continuous improvement and accountability between departments, within team and with external suppliers
· Provide system expertise and drive improved utilization of ERP and connected programs
· Provide direct supervision and managerial responsibilities to assigned teams
· Prepare contingency plans for supply to support operational continuity
· Maintain and build relationships with customers and suppliers
· Play an active role in meetings and projects as part of the operations leadership team
· Adhere to all company policies and practices to help maintain a safe, efficient, and respectful environment
· Collaboratively perform other duties as needed and directed to support the goals of the company
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Minimum 5 years of related supply chain management and procurement experience; food industry preferred
· Working experience with ERP systems required
· Working knowledge of logistics systems, business finance, and procurement contracts
· Working knowledge of LEAN supply chain management principles and forecasting
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office programming required
· Self-starter, motivated, with strong analytical/problem solving skills
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple projects & deadlines, strong attention to detail
· Experience with agricultural commodities and/or frozen products preferred
· Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
· A valid driver’s license and passport
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively; provide exceptional customer service and ability to build vendor relationships
Work Environment: A person must be able to walk, sit, and climb stairs. Office, manufacturing, and offsite locations are all within the job scope. Travel expectations could be up to 25%, and this could include agricultural and international locations. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 50 lb may also be required.
Interested parties should contact Jacqueline Alexander at email@example.com
Listings in the last month.
Questions? Input? Feedback? The
web person is just a click away!