Feeding the Northwest gathers food produced in the Northwest and shares it through food banks nationwide to people facing hunger.
We envision fully nourished communities supported by a deeply collaborative Northwest food bank network invested in optimizing its food resources and deep teamwork for the benefit of all.
• Openness, honesty, and integrity
• Respect and support for our neighbors in need
• Community partnerships and strength through collaboration
• Stewardship and accountability
• Respect and appreciation for the gifts and talents of our co-workers and colleagues
This position is responsible for the procurement of protein foods (poultry, beef and milk) that will benefit our Northwest food banks. This individual must be highly motivated and ambitious in prioritizing their day-to-day activities. The successful person must have a strong working knowledge of the protein industry, with prior working experience necessary. This person will work with a varied list of food companies in the protein industry, with the goal of sourcing zero cost to low-cost truckloads of protein foods for our Northwest food banks.
Essential Job Duties/Key Accountabilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
• Lead the planning and sourcing activities around protein foods.
• Work with key staff at NW food banks to identify protein needs; current relationships; and current landscape of protein opportunities and challenges.
• Build and maintain vendor relationships within the protein industry that focuses on procuring zero cost to low-cost truckload quantities.
• Develop strong working relationships with cross functional leaders with food banks in the Northwest, the Feeding America network, and staff at Feeding America.
• Monitor and stay current on industry trends and share pertinent information with NW food banks. • Process all orders through Feeding Washington’s order system, including sending out sales and shipper confirmations and invoices.
• Track spending of any related protein grants.
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent related professional experience and/or training.
• Prior working experience in the protein industry a must.
• Strong leadership qualities and the ability to use sound judgment in making decisions. • Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all contacts inside and outside of the organization.
• Ability to work independently with successful results a must.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task multiple projects at one time. • Excellent Microsoft Office 365 skills.
• This position is a remote position; however, the ideal candidate would be located with the Northwest states of Washington, Oregon or Idaho.
• Travel is expected, mostly within the Northwest states. Average 1 week of travel out of each month.
Interested candidates may send their cover letter and resume to Rod Wieber, email@example.com
Symrise is a global supplier of fragrances, flavors, food, nutrition and cosmetic ingredients. Its clients include manufacturers of perfumes, cosmetics, food and beverages, pharmaceuticals and producers of nutritional supplements and pet food.Its sales of € 4.6 billion in the 2022 fiscal year make Symrise a leading global provider. Headquartered in Holzminden, Germany, the Group is represented by more than 100 locations in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, the United States and Latin America.
The Naturals business unit, within Food & Beverage, delivers natural ingredients, obtained using various gentle processing technologies. The team of in-house agronomists carefully selects raw materials and applies best-in-class sustainable sourcing practices, to capture the highest natural properties of conventional and organic fruit, vegetables, meat, seafood, vanilla, and botanicals. Gentle industrial processes and technological know-how enable us to deliver consumer-friendly label solutions and standardized nutritional actives. Symrise can, in this way, guarantee food safety, highest quality standards, and traceability, ensuring trust all along the value chain.
Symrise – always inspiring more…
We are currently seeking a R&D Technology Intern at our production site in Silverton Oregon. This position will be responsible traveling to our farm sites to collect corn samples for analysis. Additional responsibilities include, data entry, sample preparation and sample shipment and other related laboratory responsibilities. This a paid internship at $14.20 per hour.
• Drive to corn farms for sampling
• Corn Field Sampling
• Sugar Analysis
• Raw material and ingredient sampling
• Sample Storage
• Data entry
• Brix Testing
• Solids Testing
• Moisture Analysis
• Particle Size Analysis
• Color Analysis
• Set up for QA Sensory
• Outgoing Sample Prep
About you• Clean Driving Record
• Good communication skills.
• Be able to communicate in written and verbal English.
• Proficient in Microsoft excel and word.
• Previous experience in a laboratory environment is a plus.
• Ability to multitask
Our offerBecome part of our open and transparent culture. It will give you the opportunity to flourish and to develop inspiring experiences that contribute to the health and well-being of consumers in 160 countries around the world. Putting our employees in focus fuels our strong company growth above market rates and makes us an excellent place to develop your career.
Come join us and embark on a fascinating journey with Symrise.
If you feel that you fit the above criteria, then please apply by using our online application system. Your application will be treated confidentially.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Recent Job Postings:
- Research & Development Manager -