We have a temporary 9 month assignment open for a R&D technologist which potentially could lead to a permanent position. This position is one of the key membersin product creations and applicationsteam for POWDERPURE. As a team, we are proud to conceptualize and realize commercially viable products to food and supplement customers by working closely with cross functional teams within POWDERPURE and other IFF subsidiary companies.
As a R&D technologist, you will be responsible for creating and optimizing proprietary powder, custom blending, and applications that drives commercial successin the marketplace. You will be a technical guru whom internal teams and external customers seek information from.
Reports to: Manager, Product Designs and Applications
Direct reports: N/A
Location: The Dalles, Oregon
Job Site: POWDERPURE – IFF
Job posted date: 6-6-2022
WHAT YOU WILL DO?
• Scope out projects with customers and sale repsto provide solid solutions tailored to customers under limited supervision and guidance.
• Independently drive development projects from benchtop to commercialization, using knowledge of flavors, active and functional ingredients, hydrocolloid, formulation, and processing techniques to develop commercialized viable powder ingredients. Be able to maintain and use analytical tools and equipment. • Manage multiple projects with guidance from manager when needed.
• Champion our commercialization process, partnering with the supply chain, quality assurance, quality control and processing expert team to coordinate cross-functional efforts and continuously improve established procedures.
• Conduct quality and sensory shelf life study on POWDERPURE ingredients.
• Work closely with our processing specialistto execute plant scale trials and associated product testing. This might require occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
• Proactively identify optimization opportunities for formulation and production to improve quality, increase efficiency, and reduce cost.
• Troubleshoot product design issues during production and during end applications. • Set product and create new product specifications and nutritional statement with accuracy and proficiency.
• Match competitor products on an organoleptic, specification, and composition levels.
• Create meaningful and market relevant concepts and end applications using POWDERPURE ingredients for trade shows and customers.
• Utilize market information and work with marketing/category team to identify areas where we, as a company can proactively engage our customers.
• Present project progress and findings clearly and concisely in front of customers and internal stakeholders.
• Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
• Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Engineering or related fields.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Engineering or related fields.
• 0 to 3 years of experience in the product development, quality control and assurance, processing in food and supplement companies.
• Knowledge of product development life cycle.
• Knowledge in sensory shelf life testing from panel training and experimental design. • Knowledge of processing techniques in different categories of products, such as bakery, dry beverage, bar, capsule, tablet, and sweet goods, is a plus.
• Knowledge of powder ingredient is a plus.
• Knowledge about product development life cycle.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES:
• Able to learn and adapt new skills and being able to think strategically and creatively. • Proactive and action oriented with the capability of working on multiple tasks in fast and nimble organization.
• Prioritize projects based on urgency and complexity with input from manager.
• Self-directed with the ability to work independently as well as with groups.
• Ability to utilize specific strengths from other technical and cross functional teams to maintain productivity.
• Strong in verbal and written communication.
• Proficient with Microsoft Offices.
**Please send resume along with a short description of yourself (cover letter)to the hiring manager email@example.com. We will inteview candidates on a rolling basis.
Listings in the last month.