Job Title: Formulation Chemist | Post Processing Manager
Department: Manufacturing Operations
Location: Estacada, OR
Reports To: General Manager
Polaris Innovations, LLC operates as a large-scale hemp manufacturing facility. The company was founded and organized to provide retail and business-to-business CBD solutions to a broad consumer base. Our Mission is to enrich the lives of those around us through our commitment to the distribution and development of CBD solutions. PJV will utilize the operating and manufacturing experience and expertise of its senior leadership team to coach and develop a team with a focus on cGMP manufacturing specification and future FDA regulations. PJV delivers trusted B2C and B2B products in both national and international markets with first-in-class product offerings that emphasize the company's core values: Honest Business Practices, Product Integrity and a Family-focus. As we grow our business we are seeking out team members that possess high-character, a passion for helping others and a desire to be great!
The formulation chemist is a part of the post processing team. The chemist’s responsibilities include formulating for the current portfolio of products and working with our extraction expert toward innovation. The individual will collaborate in the development of new products from concept to commercialization including base innovation, product re-formulations, cost optimization and quality initiatives. The individual in this role must possess a strong knowledge of technical principles and product scaling methods. The formulation chemist will work concurrently in formulations and the post processing lab taking extracted oil through phases of refinement to varying finished products.
The position will require interfacing cross-departmentally within Operations in supply chain, packaging and quality and in Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Quality Assurance Manager
Job Definition: This position is responsible for training and monitoring all Quality Assurance activities in accordance with USDA, National Frozen Foods standards, and customer specifications. This position promotes positive team member philosophies in all aspects of daily plant and lab operations.
Ability to train others in job functions, as well as in group settings
Manages daily lab activities
Competitive wages and excellent benefits package.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS, PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME TO:
BERNADETTE KINTZ, HR/OFFICE MANAGER
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, FEB. 26, 2021
National Frozen Foods Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or other characteristics protected under local, state or federal law.
Recipe Developer and QA Lead Tech.
Recipe Development: Lead the creation of new products and potential reformulation or ingredient shifts of current line.
QA Lead Tech: Tests and inspects products at various stages of the production process, maintain quality and food safety of products by performing the following duties.
About Us: Toby’s Family Foods is a fiercely independent, family-owned, and mission driven business that has operated since the 1970’s in Eugene / Springfield. We have a facility dedicated to our products and unique food manufacturing equipment. We are a growing, multi-regional producer of top-quality salad dressings, tofu spreads, and organic juices, lemonades, teas, and smoothies under the Toby’s and Genesis brands.
Your Role: The ideal candidate has many years’ experience in the food development field or getting a food scientist degree and is enthusiastic about working in a healthy environment and brining innovative and quality products to market.
• Selects products for testing at specified stages in the production process, and tests for a variety of qualities including chemical/physical characteristics, microbiological integrity, allergen presence and sensory evaluation requiring taste & smell.
• Analyzes incoming ingredients assuring compliance to specifications.
• Performs Quality Team Audits, including Good Manufacturing Practices and Housekeeping.
• Help maintain compliance in Food Safety, SQF, GMP, FSMA, Regulation and Safety.
• Records and evaluates test data, alerting Management to any deviations from specifications.
• Prepares necessary reagents needed for laboratory functioning.
• Maintains lab equipment and supplies.
• Interfaces with work teams; acts as technical support in areas such as Quality Control techniques, Good Manufacturing Practices, and product quality/safety.
• Maintain Good Laboratory Practices (GLP's)
• Knowledge and understanding of finished product specifications and expectations.
• Conducts pre-operative inspections.
• Ability to work as team and autonomously.
• Maintain records and documentation integrity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret, technical procedures, and regulations.
• Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other work groups in a professional manner.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fraction, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts
• Basic computer skills and knowledge of word processing and spread sheet programs.
• Knowledgeable or ability to learn laboratory equipment commonly used in the food industry (examples, but not limited to pH meters, allergen testing, pipetting/ liquid handling, viscometers, etc.)
• Understanding of calibration programs of food testing equipment.
We would like to meet you! Please drop off your resume at our office between 9am-4pm Monday-Friday or email us at: email@example.com
1160 Shelley St.
Springfield, OR 97477
Listings in the last month.