Feeding the Northwest gathers food produced in the Northwest and shares it through food banks nationwide to people facing hunger.
We envision fully nourished communities supported by a deeply collaborative Northwest food bank network invested in optimizing its food resources and deep teamwork for the benefit of all.
• Openness, honesty, and integrity
• Respect and support for our neighbors in need
• Community partnerships and strength through collaboration
• Stewardship and accountability
• Respect and appreciation for the gifts and talents of our co-workers and colleagues
This position is responsible for the procurement of protein foods (poultry, beef and milk) that will benefit our Northwest food banks. This individual must be highly motivated and ambitious in prioritizing their day-to-day activities. The successful person must have a strong working knowledge of the protein industry, with prior working experience necessary. This person will work with a varied list of food companies in the protein industry, with the goal of sourcing zero cost to low-cost truckloads of protein foods for our Northwest food banks.
Essential Job Duties/Key Accountabilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
• Lead the planning and sourcing activities around protein foods.
• Work with key staff at NW food banks to identify protein needs; current relationships; and current landscape of protein opportunities and challenges.
• Build and maintain vendor relationships within the protein industry that focuses on procuring zero cost to low-cost truckload quantities.
• Develop strong working relationships with cross functional leaders with food banks in the Northwest, the Feeding America network, and staff at Feeding America.
• Monitor and stay current on industry trends and share pertinent information with NW food banks. • Process all orders through Feeding Washington’s order system, including sending out sales and shipper confirmations and invoices.
• Track spending of any related protein grants.
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent related professional experience and/or training.
• Prior working experience in the protein industry a must.
• Strong leadership qualities and the ability to use sound judgment in making decisions. • Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all contacts inside and outside of the organization.
• Ability to work independently with successful results a must.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task multiple projects at one time. • Excellent Microsoft Office 365 skills.
• This position is a remote position; however, the ideal candidate would be located with the Northwest states of Washington, Oregon or Idaho.
• Travel is expected, mostly within the Northwest states. Average 1 week of travel out of each month.
Interested candidates may send their cover letter and resume to Rod Wieber, email@example.com