Quality Assurance Technician
Swire Coca-Cola, Wilsonville, OR
Swire Coca-Cola is the fifth largest bottler in the United States. Swire Coca-Cola produces and distributes more than fifty of the world ’s most recognized brands. Our beverage portfolio has been hydrating and satisfying consumers for generations. We have the leading brands in sparkling soft drinks, sports drinks, water, juices and teas. Swire’s mission is to create with pride the magical feelings, special times and great taste of America's best soft drinks.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Quality Assurance Technician conducts various monitoring, checks and testing of; raw, in process and finished products/processes confirming compliance to quality & food safety standards as established by the QA department, internal and regulatory requirements while adhering to standardized company policies and practices.
1. Uphold all safety practices to prevent injury from unsafe work practices and/or conditions. Report all safety hazards or potential hazards to the safety team representative and management.
2. Monitor plant sanitation and personal hygiene as outline by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) for food processing facilities in CFR (Title 21, part 117) and current company GMP Policies.
3. Perform standardized quality sampling & checks during production; organize collected data into electronic logbooks, databases, and report variances and non-conformities to plant management.
4. Follow all required work instructions, work aids and forms as they pertain to Quality , Environment, Safety, and Food Safety
5. Understand, monitor and act accordingly to support: ISO-GFSI compliance, FDA-FSMA regulatory requirements, Food Safety & Quality programs as implemented by the company. This individual has the authority & responsibility to stop production should the product be out of specification and/or observed food safety or compliance breach.
6. Performs analysis of incoming, in process and finished materials using analytical standardized procedures. These tests may include, but are not limited to: pH, Titratable Acidity, Brix, Organoleptic, Carbon Dioxide, Density, Total Dissolved Solids, Microbiological Sampling and testing, etc.
7. Standardized and calibrate laboratory equipment, troubleshoot systems, equipment and processes
8. Assist the Quality Assurance management team with any projects as designated.
9. Actively participate in continuous improvement, lean practices, six sigma, 5S, food safety, environmental and plant safety programs
10. Pursue excellence and continuously develop technical and personal skills to achieve plant-wide world class manufacturing environment
Swire Coca-Cola, USA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please apply on the company site: https://www.swirecc.com/Careers
Recent Job Postings:
- Research & Development Manager -