Pacific Foods -- QA Technician
Schedule: Front Half Days: Sun, Mon, Tues & every other Weds: 6am-6:30pm
Conduct all quality-monitoring functions on a shift basis, including raw and finished product and package integrity tests. Assure the product conforms to the finished product specification and provide detailed written information relating to the quality of the product, package and process. Work effectively with Production to satisfy specification requirement. In addition, functions can include checking the incubation samples prior to releasing products and guaranteeing all finished product packaging and package integrity specifications are being followed. Responsible for abiding by and ensuring all food safety and quality protocols are followed.
· Assure that the product conforms to the product specification. This will be accomplished by sensory evaluation, analytical testing and process plant observation.
· Provide detailed written information relating to the quality of the product and process.
· Perform organoleptic test on both raw material, intermediates and finished product according to procedure in a timely manner.
· Perform micro testing, chemical and physical analysis on raw and finished product.
· Evaluates and documents test results and communicates deviations from specifications to QA Lead, Manager and other appropriate staff.
· Maintain organized QA records.
· Operate and maintain lab equipment; this may include pH meters, moisture analyzers, refractometers, fat analyzers, colorimeter, protein analyzer, water activity meters, etc.
· Assist in set-up analytical programs for lab equipments.
· Participate and set-up in sensory evaluation.
· Inspect transfer, mixing, and process equipment and production environment to ensure proper cleaning and quality practices. This will include ATP swab testing on equipment.
· Ensure that any deviations from product quality or specification including package integrity are properly placed on hold.
· Collect retention samples as required and maintain organized storage system.
· Ability to use internal computer program (Innatrack) to manage quality holds, assist with production practices, etc.
· Perform pest control once a week and sanitation inspection on a monthly basis.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Perform essential functions and job area specific functions listed below.
· Adjust batch for Process Operator as needed to satisfy specification requirement. Approve batch before it is processed through the UHT system.
· Perform testing on incoming ingredients per the ingredient sampling program.
· Monitor allergen compliance and conduct verification testing per procedure.
· Collect and document incubation samples and place them on the appropriated shelves.
· Monitor the temperature of the incubation room and incubators.
· Perform package integrity checks to confirm the tight pack condition of Tetra Pak Recart containers. This includes visual and destructive tests of the package according to PFO and Tetra Pak Procedure.
· Approve and monitor the package and case code before the production runs. Ensure that cases are stacked sequentially, the case codes are legible and the correct fiber is used..
· Check and document the viscosity of the pre-process and post-process Recart products.
· Check and document the drain weight of the pre and post-process recart products.
· Check and document gross and fill weight of the recart products.
· Open and inspect rejected packs from the X-ray machine.
Building 7 Functions:
· Ensure all CCP’s are monitored according to HACCP plans
· Perform direct observation according to HACCP plans
· Collects samples: intermediates and finished product to submit for microbial testing,
· Perform environmental testing
· Perform incubation testing on finished product prior to release. This includes monitoring temperatures of incubation rooms.
· Operate pH meter. This includes calibration and maintenance.
· Conduct finished product testing according to the requirement and assure that product conforms to post-process pH standards.
· Responsible for creating and updating daily incubation reports and related documentation.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area
· Perform package integrity checks to confirm the aseptic condition of Tetra Pak containers. This includes visual and destructive tests of the package.
· Monitor package, case code, and cap placement. Ensure that correct fiber, case code and package code are used.
· Approve the case code before the production run. Make sure that cases are stacked sequentially and the case code is legible.
· Collect incubation samples and place them on the appropriate shelves.
Supervisory responsibilities: This position is not supervisory in nature.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Strong technical knowledge in area of responsibility
· Strong computer skills, including skills in the application of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Strong math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
· Strong decision-making skills, training skills, problem analysis skills, teamwork, creativity, the need to read, write, speak and understand the English language and the need to perform advanced math (analysis, statistics, significant data or number manipulation)
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
· Continuous physical activities including continuous walking, talking, reaching, feeling, the use of repetitive motions of hands/wrists, hearing and standing, and the position requires frequent stooping, sitting, grasping and handling.
· Ability to push, pull, or move up to 150 pounds and the ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds frequently
The position requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent specializing in Food Science, Quality Assurance or related field, years of experience accepted in lieu of degree. Required one year of relevant experience, preferably in a food manufacturing setting.
QA work is performed in a lab, warehouse or production environment and involves the extensive use of office and lab equipment. The position is subject to shift work, extensive close work heavy lifting and constant standing. While performing the duties of the job incumbent could be working around moving mechanical parts. The position is subject to extensive close work, the use of and exposure to hazardous materials, high voltage, hot pipes and constant standing. The noise level is typically
Recruiting Specialist│Pacific Foods
19480 SW 97th Ave.│Tualatin, OR 97062