Lead and manage the entire range of Food Safety and Quality programs, as defined in the Pepperidge Farm Quality Policies and CSC North American Quality Policies. Position has specific compliance, process, and consumer quality responsibilities. Position will manage a matrix relationship with Plant Manager to influence senior management on alignment of Quality strategies, Quality annual objectives, and Plant project plans. Individual will coordinate and deploy Quality Assurance programs across the site, and functional areas, and influence plant leadership with quality best practices.
• Minimum BS Food Science (or related degree), and a minimum 5-7 years of food industry quality plant/systems
experience with demonstrated achievement in Quality leadership.
• Expert abilities and decision quality in Food Safety, Regulatory, and Quality Systems and their application within
food processing. Facilitate and/or direct resolution to issues as it relates to food safety and quality.
• Expert knowledge in Sanitation and GMP Practices, familiarity with Pest Control programs and techniques
• Knowledge of Quality Standards, and Quality Policies, with skills and ability to execute against requirements.
• Knowledge and general business acumen to support and influence Manufacturing, including best practices and
• Knowledgeable in industry Food Safety/Quality audit practices, and skilled in adapting to achieve business best
• Capable of engaging other business units in the development and standardization of: Quality manuals, policies,
procedures, and data templates, audit standards and procedures, and Quality Key Performance Indicators.
• Knowledgeable in Statistical Process Control programs and Process capability studies.
• Ensures plant personnel are technically capable of handling non-routine quality system issues and that issues are
investigated, documented, and resolved.
• Record of leadership and demonstrated success in collaborative development, documentation, planning, and
implementation and continuous improvement of quality systems.
• Ability to drive facility leadership alignment on Quality objectives with an enterprise-wide mindset, and the
adaptation of structure, processes, and systems to achieve objectives.
• Capable of influencing development steps used in the Innovation and Commercialization process to leverage
Design in achieving consumer safety and quality objectives
• Assertive, outspoken, yet collaborative. Demonstrated skills influencing components of the company, tough-
mindedness, vision, and political savvy to manage internal and external relationships and situations.
• Dedicated work habits, takes initiative, sets high standards
• Knowledgeable and capable of collaboration on quality programs; drives improvement of consumer-based
• Awareness of Continuous Improvement tools.
• Ability to manage, coach, and develop people, talent, and skills needed for the job.
• Ability to demonstrate and execute against the Campbell leadership model
• Desired certifications: PCQI, HACCP, GFSI (SQF)
Travel is estimated at 5%-10%.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of
all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.