Position: Quality Assurance Lab Manager – Vegetable Facility
FSLA Status: Regular/Full-Time, Salary/Exempt
Department: Technical Services
Reports To: Ed Thomas, Technical Services Director
The QA Manager is responsible for the smooth day to day management of all QA functions within the vegetable plant to assure that all products manufactured by the organization meet customer specifications and achieve superior quality requirements while maintaining production flow. The QA Manager is also responsible for implementation and improvement of QA systems by equipment operators. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of creating a new QA section in a brand new facility. The Manager will perform the management and technician responsibilities until the plant volume increases enough to bring in additional staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
• BS/BA from an accredited college or university with major course work in Chemistry, Biology, Micro Biology, Food Science or closely related field. Relevant experience may be substituted for coursework or a year-for-year basis.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in industrial QA functions demonstrating increasing responsibility and technical skills and knowledge in food, beverage and/or ingredients. Experience in vegetable juice/puree processing preferred.
• Strong customer orientation, problem solving and issue resolution skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
• PC-based computing experience. Database experience with Access and Microsoft Dynamics-NAV preferred.
• An equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Complete job description available from HR.
How to Apply
Submit a letter of interest. Include a resume and Contact Dana Mortimer, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Input? Feedback? The
web person is just a click away!