Know Your Fruit is a new food processor opening in Hood River. They have the following opening:
Job Title: Production Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Direct Reports: Shift Managers
Description: The Production Manager will be the functional expert providing leadership, strategic, and tactical direction and accountability direct to the floor staff. This position is responsible for recommending and implementing policies and practices that improve production effectiveness, and minimize waste. Safety is the top priority for managing team members within related functions. This position will support business objectives for food safety and growth.
· Manage and coordinate teams to produce first class quality food, and foster a safe working environment
· Work with cross functional teams to utilize equipment and materials efficiently, with as little waste possible
· Assess and develop processes and procedures to foster continuous improvement and accountability between departments, within team and with external suppliers
· Manage operational performance to hit KPI goals that the team has set together
· Set an example for mid-level management and other floor employees
· Play an active role in meetings and projects as part of the operations leadership team
· Adhere to all company policies and practices to help maintain a safe, efficient, and respectful environment
· Collaboratively perform other duties as needed and directed to support the goals of the company
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· Minimum 5 years of related management experience in the food industry
· Working knowledge of HACCP and GMP required
· Working experience with ERP systems required
· Working knowledge of LEAN principles, and relevant manufacturing KPI’s
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office programming required
· Self-starter, motivated, with strong analytical/problem solving skills
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple projects & deadlines, strong attention to detail
· Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
· A valid driver’s license and passport
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively; provide exceptional customer service and ability to build vendor relationships
· Bilingual in the Spanish and English languages a plus
Work Environment: A person must be able to walk, sit, and climb stairs. Office, manufacturing, and offsite locations are all within the job scope. Travel expectations could be up to 15%. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 50 lb may also be required.
Interested parties should contact Jacqueline Alexander at email@example.com
Listings in the last month.
Questions? Input? Feedback? The
web person is just a click away!