BB Foods, Portland, Oregon
Product Development Assistant (Part-Time)
YOU are an enthusiastic and passionate aspiring Product Development professional who is seeking a challenging part-time opportunity to make an impact on what we eat and feed to our families. You are innovative, data-driven, and details-obsessed, with a passion for and educational and/or professional experience in delivering healthy and nutritious products with exceptional taste.
WE are BB Foods, a passion-driven start-up creating authentic, healthy convenience and snacks foods for active, adventurous people and families. We are leveraging the latest advances in food technology and science to create category-shaping products that offer clean-label, healthy and delicious alternatives to the current instant and snack food shelf. We want to take the guilt out of one of our greatest pleasures--fun and delicious on-the-go snack and meal options.
For this role we seek a product creator to help manage the design, development and execution of our new products. This is an opportunity for you to make a meaningful impact on our company and your future career. This is a highly collaborative, newly created, part-time position on a cross-functional R&D team. As our Product Development Assistant, you will be assisting with all market-driven product development, from initial concept to final specification. You will be a key member of our global team and will work closely with the founders, research and development, supply chain management, business/financial planning, and manufacturing to successfully bring new products to market. Your challenges and opportunities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
● Leveraging your passion for and understanding of food markets, customers, consumers and trends (with emphasis on natural and clean-label products as well as convenience and snack foods) to make recommendations on strategy, direction and opportunities.
● Managing and contributing to cross-functional teams on all new product development activities—brief, ideation, exploration, spec finalization, and commercialization.
● Tracking and managing product development projects, regularly reporting development status and making recommendations for action.
● Partnering with outside ingredient suppliers to realize product development goals and identify opportunities to innovate.
● Presenting new product development concepts. Desired Skills and Experience
● Candidate for or recent graduate of 4-Year College Degree or Master’s Program in food science, food marketing/business, or related discipline.
● Experience and desire to become a food product developer, R&D chef, or food scientist.
● Experience and/or demonstrated ambition for leading new product development teams.
● Excellent project management and organizational skills.
● Strong creative and technical orientation, able to both identify and imagine the possibilities and bring compelling, safe, high quality products to market.
● Very comfortable working with teams, communicating with people and establishing rapport
What we offer
Located in Portland, Beijing, Seoul, and Bangkok, BB Foods is a new, global, development-stage consumer packaged foods company on a mission to change the way families eat and enjoy food. We are a multicultural organization that offers a work culture that connects quality of work with quality of life and career and personal empowerment.
Interested in learning more? After careful consideration of the above responsibilities and requirements if you are interested and qualified, send your resume with cover e-mail describing: why you are interested, what makes you qualified and how your experience can contribute to the success of BB Foods to: email@example.com. Only applicants who submit this information will be considered for an initial phone screening within two weeks of applying.
Listings in the last month.
Questions? Input? Feedback? The
web person is just a click away!