The Engineer is directly responsible for the design and implementation of manufacturing methods and processes that support product quality and quantity goals and objectives within their assigned facility. Responsible to plan for and assure the efficient maintenance of production machinery and equipment, physical plant, utilities, and grounds in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. Develops capital projects for designated facilities, makes recommendation for approval, and upon approval ensures timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines. Also directly responsible for the preparation of accurate cost analyses of assigned engineering projects and accurate project completion dates.Duties:
Requirements:• B.S. degree in engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
• Two - five years’ minimum experience in increasingly responsible positions.
• Sound knowledge and demonstrated ability in engineering principles and disciplines, employed manufacturing processes, technical report preparation, and meeting deadlines. Aseptic packaging experience in a high or low acid environment preferred.
• Knowledge of PLC programming to the extent needed to successfully select equipment for capital projects, work with vendors on installation and trouble shoot start up challenges.
• Considerable skill in arriving at cost estimates on complex projects.
• Technical and administrative aspects of all phases of building inspections, building codes and city ordinances; contractor licenses; regulations and guidelines prepared by state and federal agencies relative to plant inspection requirements; and general construction techniques.
• Sound knowledge and experience with principles and practices of business administration including personnel practices, employment laws and fiscal management practices; and the appropriate methods and means of dealing with human behavior situations in a variety of circumstances.
• Leadership skills
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to think creatively to identify business opportunities
• Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
• PC-based computing experience (word processing-Word, spreadsheet-Excel, email-Outlook). Proficiency in CAD software (AutoCAD) and PLC programming.
• An equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Professional writing skills to compose memos, letters and other business correspondence observing all rules of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Send Replies to
Connie Dorigan Condor1@dorigan.com
Please send your Resume as a Word.doc with the title of the position in the subject line.
You must be authorized to work in the United States