Darigold has a great opportunity for a Personnel Scheduler to join our operations team in Portland and play a key role in contributing to supporting the team’s performance and strategic goals. As the Personnel Scheduler, you are responsible for scheduling all plant production and warehouse employees.
The ideal candidate for this role has some experience in scheduling, but is likely starting out in their career and is eager to get more hands-on experience and be a part of a great team. You’re also likely to have a keen eye for detail & are very organized; have a continuous improvement approach to your work; a do your best performance attitude; and excellent customer service skills. If you like what you’ve read & think this sounds like you, we invite you to join our team by applying at http://darigold.com/employment with your resume.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties as assigned)
- Schedules adequate staffing levels for a 24/7 production facility
- Reviews and approves vacation and holiday requests, consistent with staffing requirements and departmental policy and procedure.
- Maintains updated plant seniority list
- Manages all plant job bids
- Maintains skills and abilities worksheet
- Tracks weekly hours for plant employees to ensure maximum hours are not exceeded
- Collaborates with Production Planner to maximize labor usage
- Works closely with Production Supervisors and Plant Management to communicate scheduling changes
- Makes scheduling decisions based on the master schedule when it is necessary to call in additional staff or require overtime consistent with departmental budget.
- Maintains records concerning total positions, job bids, current vacancies, and availability of staff.
- Knows and upholds facility objectives, philosophies, policies and procedures
- Other tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must be able to execute weekly schedule and work effectively against time constraints
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must maintain a positive working relationship with staff
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- B.S. degree in Operations Management, Food Science, or related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PC-based applications like Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook
- Prior experience with scheduling in a production facility according to CBA guidelines is preferred
Darigold is known for delivering fresh, high quality, value-added dairy products to people, & customer-driven solutions to organizations, all around the globe. We are the 5th largest dairy Co-Op in the US & one of the largest privately held organizations headquartered in Seattle, Washington. We produce over 9 billion pounds of milk every year! Since 1918, our Farmer-owners have taken great pride in producing nutritious dairy products with unsurpassed quality. Our work environment provides a results driven, collaborative space, with open & transparent communication, & a culture of celebrating everyone’s wins. Our mid-size private business model provides the ability to have dynamic involvement at all levels of our organization. We’re also proud to say we offer an excellent Total Compensation Package & a few other unique perks to our industry!
At Darigold we embrace diversity & welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, creed, religion, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law- We’re proud to say we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
As a condition of employment applicants offered a role will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment background screen, receive a negative drug screen result & confirm eligibility to work in the U.S. We participate in E-Verify- please follow the links for details, English / Spanish & view our Right to Work Statement, English / Spanish.