Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager
Accountability Objective and Areas of Responsibility:
The Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager (QA/FS Manager) is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining all aspects of food safety, regulatory and quality assurance programs. This includes monitoring and ensuring compliance with USDA, FSMA, BRC, HACCP standards by all departments, and oversight of all Safe Food Quality Institute (SFQI) renewals and customer driven vendor audits.
The QA/FS Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining all aspects of the Crisis Management Program for company and other related facilities (as appropriate). This includes leading the Product Traceability Initiative (PTI) effort at the company facility, reviewing current procedures with regular spot checks, and continued exploration of the best PTI solutions (i.e., bar coding, software, hardware, cleaning frequencies). The QA/FS Manager is responsible to oversee and maintain the Trace Recall Program, leading the Mock Recall Team to ensure effective and timely recalls could be performed if required.
The QA/FS Manager is responsible for oversight of the Quality Control (QC) department, supervising the QC team, QA/FS Assistant, and all aspects of the company in-house laboratory. The QA/FS Director is responsible for ensuring that all tests are being performed in an accurate, safe and cost effective manner, and are comprehensively documented and recorded with a high level of accuracy
The QA&FS Manager is responsible for overseeing the Sanitation team to ensure that all production areas and equipment have adequate and appropriate SSOPs which are tested and confirmed to meet food safety requirements while mitigating product recall exposure.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintain soft and hard copies of BRC, HACCP and Food Safety Program as required.
• Respond to all required Corrective Actions associated with audits in a timely manner. Review all corrective actions and responses with Chief Operations Officer (COO) and appropriate supervisor(s). Confirm that all corrective actions and training have been performed and documented.
• Track and trend customer complaints and specification deviations for necessary quality control issues or improvements. Participate in compliant investigations and complete CAR reports and follow-ups as requested by Sales Department.
• Conduct internal audits on an annual basis or as required.
• Maintain HACCP manager and internal auditor certifications.
• Update and maintain document control on SharePoint website.
• Oversight of all plant sanitation schedules to confirm adequate and appropriate cleaning frequencies/methods are planned for each area, equipment and/or building. Approve of frequency changes as required.
• Oversight of annual review of hard and soft copies of MSDS files including binders located inrequired areas.
• Review Receiving Department’s SOP’s annually to ensure compliance with FSMA regulations and, prior to harvest each year, train new personnel and vendors on cross-contamination and foreign material risks and preventative procedures.
• Perform supervisorial responsibilities for QC and Sanitation personnel as required.
• All other duties as assigned
Execution of Responsibilities Include:
• All job functions and responsibilities are to be performed with food and employee safety as the highest priority.
• Attaining excellent results on BRC, HACCP, Regulatory, Food Safety and Customer Audits.
• Command an knowledge of all lab methods and testing procedures. Overall improvement of department functions as seen necessary.
• Respond to mock or actual Trace Recalls with accurate/comprehensive information and within established timeframes.
• Mitigate any potential food or employee safety hazard. Communicate risk and liability of
potential recall exposure to management on a timely and routine basis.
• Effective time management of annual projects and responsibilities. Maintaining costs within established project and field/phase budgets.
• Represent an image consistent with Company corporate philosophy.
The Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer (COO). All job functions shall be performed per Company Standard Operating Procedures and Employee Handbook. Any deviations shall be reported and approved by the supervisor.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Bruno Lozano.
Listings in the last month.