Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, cerfied organic kombucha. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. Both brands are run by the same CEO and are co-marketed. Brew Dr. is in its 8th year of business and is one of the naon’s leading kombucha brands in both the natural and convenonal channels.
Laboratory/Cellar Technician Job Title: Laboratory/Cellar Technician Purpose: Provides support to Laboratory and QA/QC. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity to work with a premium kombucha company. Reports to: Director of Technical Services
● Operate Anton-Paar alcolyzer for roune finished package analysis
● Operate Anton-Paar alcolyzer on pre- and post- stripped samples (alcohol)
● Sample collecon
● Daily monitoring of fermentaon tanks
● Lab data entry
● Assistance with sensory training
● Help organize and maintain kombucha library
The Basics for the Position:
● Ability to maintain an organized and efficient work flow while demonstrang a high degree of accuracy.
● Ability to priorize and complete ongoing tasks assigned by Director of Technical Services.
● Demonstrated proficiency in wring and composion, including use of proper grammar and logical/aracve spaal design of forms, reports, charts and flow diagrams. Ability to speak effecvely before groups of managers or employees of the organizaon.
● Proven ability to work collaboravely and safely in a producon and/or lab environment.
● Ability to add, subtract, mulply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fracons, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, rao, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Candidate should have:
● Previous lab and/or cellar experience is a plus but not required
● Educaonal background in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology, Enology, Brewing or related discipline.
● Intermediate MS Word or Google Plaorm experience. Physical Demands:
● Ability to sit connuously at a computer
● Carry weight, li - li up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
● Taste/Smell - ability to detect and perceive fermentaon and tea flavors and aromas
● Standing - ability to stand for long periods
● Ability to climb a ladder occasionally
Those interested should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Listings in the last month.
Questions? Input? Feedback? The
web person is just a click away!