Know Your Fruit is a new food processor opening in Hood River. They have the following opening:
Job Title: Human Relations Manager
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Direct Reports: Front Desk/Executive Administrator
Description: The Human Relations Manager will partner with plant leaders to build a culture of respect, ownership, and continuous improvement. This position will support all employee related functions to meet company objectives and regulatory compliance, including employee relations, recruiting, training, benefits, performance management, promotion plans, recognition, records management, and effective company communication.
· Performs employee relations functions including investigations, coaching, performance and disciplinary action; answers employee questions pertaining to benefits and general employment
· Supports the development, implementation and management of all people policies, procedures and practices to meet regulatory compliance and company objectives
· Provides guidance to supervisors to resolve employee relations issues, manage performance, and effectively communicate with employees
· Partners with plant leadership to ensure adequate plant staffing; reviews current staff, manages performance, recruits direct and manages temporary staffing relationships
· Responsible for recommending, developing, implementing, and recording employee training (including new hire orientation, HR compliance, current employee records, etc.)
· Support customer and government audit preparation and support as necessary
· Maintain employee records, both on paper and electronically; supports the timekeeping and processing of payroll with status change and exception entry; troubleshoots issues
· Prepare various documents including disciplinary and termination notices, payroll change forms, offer letters, and various distributed or posted employee communications
· Maintain employee handbook, and encourage best practices among cross functional teams
· Communicate with people outside the company such as unemployment agencies, staffing agencies, companies seeking verification of employment, and vendors
· Collaboratively perform other duties as needed and directed to support the goals of the company
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Management related field; HR certification or other continued education; minimum of 5 years HR generalist experience; or overall equivalent
· Experience in manufacturing or similar environments, food industry preferred
· Strong knowledge of current HR trends, practices, and legal regulations
· Demonstrated ability to self-manage, take initiative and use independent judgement and decision making.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programing
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively at all levels and with all people
· Bilingual in the Spanish and English languages a plus
· A valid driver’s license
· Strong professional experience with HRIS and Payroll software systems is highly preferred
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize multiple priorities and strong attention to detail
· Demonstrated high level of confidentiality and professionalism; ability to establish and maintain trust and credibility
Work Environment: A person must be able to walk, sit, and climb stairs. Office, manufacturing, and offsite locations are all within the job scope. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 50 lb may also be required.
Interested parties should contact Jacqueline Alexander at email@example.com
Questions? Input? Feedback? The
web person is just a click away!