Know Your Fruit is a new food processor opening in Hood River. They have the following opening:
Job Title: General Manager
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Direct Reports: Production Manager, Procurement & Supply Chain Manager, Quality – Research & Development Manager, Maintenance Manager
Description: The General Manager will partner with plant leaders to build and maintain company strategic goals. This position will support the development of all departmental functions to meet company objectives. The General Manager will be the functional expert providing leadership, strategic, and tactical direction and accountability to the management team. This position will support business objectives for food safety and growth, and help to manage financial risk and regulatory liability.
· Manage and coordinate teams to produce first class quality food, and foster a safe working environment
· Ensure that each department and the site is audit ready at all times, from a government and customer perspective
· Work with departmental teams to utilize equipment and materials efficiently, reducing as much waste as possible
· Manage top level aspects of ERP and all other company systems
· Manage and support departmental goal setting, ensuring accountability and executive support
· Liaise appropriate capital expenditures with the Financial Controller and the Board
· Manage departmental performance to hit KPI goals that the team has set together
· Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government requirements for the production of food products
· Develop and adhere to all company policies and practices to help maintain a safe, efficient, and respectful environment
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field, advanced degree preferred, with a minimum of 5 years managing complex production teams
· Strong working knowledge of HACCP and GMP required
· Strong working experience with ERP systems required
· Strong working knowledge of LEAN principles, and relevant manufacturing KPI’s
· Experience in food industry manufacturing or similar environments
· Strong knowledge of current legal finance, food manufacturing & labeling, and other relevant regulations
· Demonstrated ability to self-manage, take initiative and use independent judgement and decision making.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programing
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively at all levels and with all people
· A valid driver’s license & passport
· Demonstrated high level of confidentiality and professionalism; ability to establish and maintain trust and credibility
Work Environment: A person must be able to walk, sit, and climb stairs. Office, manufacturing, and offsite locations are all within the job scope. Travel expectations could be up to 25%, with some potential for international travel. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 50 lb may also be required.
Interested parties should contact Jacqueline Alexander at email@example.com
Listings in the last month.
Questions? Input? Feedback? The
web person is just a click away!