Recipe Developer and QA Lead Tech.
Recipe Development: Lead the creation of new products and potential reformulation or ingredient shifts of current line.
QA Lead Tech: Tests and inspects products at various stages of the production process, maintain quality and food safety of products by performing the following duties.
About Us: Toby’s Family Foods is a fiercely independent, family-owned, and mission driven business that has operated since the 1970’s in Eugene / Springfield. We have a facility dedicated to our products and unique food manufacturing equipment. We are a growing, multi-regional producer of top-quality salad dressings, tofu spreads, and organic juices, lemonades, teas, and smoothies under the Toby’s and Genesis brands.
Your Role: The ideal candidate has many years’ experience in the food development field or getting a food scientist degree and is enthusiastic about working in a healthy environment and brining innovative and quality products to market.
• Selects products for testing at specified stages in the production process, and tests for a variety of qualities including chemical/physical characteristics, microbiological integrity, allergen presence and sensory evaluation requiring taste & smell.
• Analyzes incoming ingredients assuring compliance to specifications.
• Performs Quality Team Audits, including Good Manufacturing Practices and Housekeeping.
• Help maintain compliance in Food Safety, SQF, GMP, FSMA, Regulation and Safety.
• Records and evaluates test data, alerting Management to any deviations from specifications.
• Prepares necessary reagents needed for laboratory functioning.
• Maintains lab equipment and supplies.
• Interfaces with work teams; acts as technical support in areas such as Quality Control techniques, Good Manufacturing Practices, and product quality/safety.
• Maintain Good Laboratory Practices (GLP's)
• Knowledge and understanding of finished product specifications and expectations.
• Conducts pre-operative inspections.
• Ability to work as team and autonomously.
• Maintain records and documentation integrity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret, technical procedures, and regulations.
• Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other work groups in a professional manner.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fraction, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts
• Basic computer skills and knowledge of word processing and spread sheet programs.
• Knowledgeable or ability to learn laboratory equipment commonly used in the food industry (examples, but not limited to pH meters, allergen testing, pipetting/ liquid handling, viscometers, etc.)
• Understanding of calibration programs of food testing equipment.
We would like to meet you! Please drop off your resume at our office between 9am-4pm Monday-Friday or email us at: email@example.com
1160 Shelley St.
Springfield, OR 97477
Listings in the last month.