Willamette Egg Farms/Michael Foods - Quality Assurance Technician
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leading food processor and distributor with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products and offers exciting job possibilities throughout our organization. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food – where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of quality assurance processes and procedures on incoming products, in-process production as well as finished products to ensure that they meet regulatory and company standards of quality. This position also assists in executing additional FSQ activities and procedures. Monitors daily adherence to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) as well as food safety and quality and reports issues to management.
- GMP Pre-operational inspections in Breaking Room, Can-off room, Mix Room, Transfer Room, employee facilities (lunchroom, locker rooms, rest rooms), and peripheral areas for trash removal. Correction/cleaning of observed sanitation issues, water and sanitizer testing and positive air flow verification prior to start-up, communication of issues to production managers
- Verification of CCPs in egg processing areas, reporting of observed Food Safety violations to Production and QA Managers
- Administer scale check program for all production scales, report any out of compliance scales to production supervisor
- Prepare production and wastewater samples for outside lab, submit samples and paperwork. Maintain sample log for person delivering samples to outside lab, turn in to payroll department.
- Receive and record outside lab egg testing results. Fill results in as needed on certificates of analysis for truck loaders to provide to customers. Record salmonella results in salmonella surveillance log book. File results. Ensure that all products are within specification.
- Release product to customers after release criteria is met.
- Water testing - wastewater – pH & ammonia, report to Operations Manager. Boiler water testing, report to Maintenance
- Monitor cooler temperature recorded charts daily, report any variances.
- Receive raw ingredients, match up to PO and record in receiving log, and apply receiving labels. Report damaged items to QA or Production Manager
- Thermometer and Silo Calibration Program
- Monitor liquid egg tote inventory in cooler; deliver COAs as needed to truck loaders. Inspect cooler periodically for proper product rotation
- Micro Lab duties, including
- Maintain needed copies of QA paperwork
To apply please send a copy of your resume to Kellan.Johnson@MichaelFoods.com