Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager
Location: River Point Farms – Plymouth, WA
River Point Farms is seeking a detail-oriented Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager to join our onion plant leadership team. The FSQA Manager ensures the safety of all food products throughout the onion operations by maintaining and improving food safety systems, providing leadership and instruction, and implementing world-class programs, policies, and objectives.
· Develop, maintain, and improve food safety, sanitation, and quality systems to ensure food safety and quality including specifications, preventive controls, and test methods.
· Ensure the effectiveness of all FSQA programs including HACCP, GFSI, SQF, and Primus GFS, through internal audits, recall, traceability, environmental monitoring, and allergen control.
· Analyze data, identify opportunities, and report on trends to drive progress toward world-class food safety metrics.
· Monitor new product transfer from product development and ensure robust systems in place to support new manufacturing processes and products.
· Deliver food safety and technical support to departments throughout the organization.
· Create food safety education and training tools.
· Provide leadership in quality system reviews and actively participate in defining solutions.
· Support continuous improvement projects and cross-functional quality initiatives.
· Supervise, train, and provide leadership to the FSQ and Sanitation team members.
· Champion a best-in-class safety program by promoting consistent safety training attendance, compliance with all OSHA and company/industry policies, as well as encouraging the use of PPE and adherence to all other EHS programs.
· Bachelor's degree in food science or related field. Master’s degree a plus.
· 5+ years’ progressive leadership experience in food processing and quality systems in food industry. Onion processing experience preferred.
· Previous management experience leading a diverse workforce.
· Experience handling successful 3rd party food safety audits.
· HAACP Certified with strong knowledge of food safety programs, sanitation, HACCP plan management, GFSI, GGAP and SQF programs.
· Solid knowledge of food science, food processing techniques, processes, data collection and measurements.
· Strong demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills. Bilingual Spanish highly desired.
· Highly proficient with systems/software, data analysis, and problem-solving.
· Ability to meet the physical requirements of the role including lifting and moving up to 30lbs.
· Ability to work flexible schedule, including on-call availability, afterhours, holidays, and weekends, per business needs.
AgReserves, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Qualified applicants must be legally and lawfully authorized to be employed and work in the United States without current or future visa sponsorship - AgReserves, Inc is not sponsoring visas at this time.
AgReserves offers medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance coverage. Additionally, employees can contribute to an FSA, and to an employer matched 401(K). Employees can apply for Tuition Assistance for continuing education purposes. All full-time employees are eligible to participate in a discretionary profit-sharing bonus. For more detailed information please visit our benefits site: https://www.agreserves.com/benefits/.
Additional Benefits may also include:
Company Cell Phone, Relocation Assistance.
Please apply online at https://www.agreserves.com/employment/
Contribute to the Community!